December 30, 2015

MTC - week four

Hey y'all! 

Well another week in the books! I made it through Christmas with only a few tears shed. Also I'm in the choir and it's the best!! Sorry this email is gonna be a long one, so hold onto your seat! 

Ok so this week was honestly so great! So Wednesday I got a package in the mail and you will never guess what it was! A CHRISTMAS TREE. A REAL LIFE CHRISTMAS TREE. (Thanks grandma) so we were so excited and we went back to our room and took it out of the box, it's maybe almost 2 feet tall and we decorated it with lights and ornaments and put it in the corner of our little dorm (aka prison cell) then we put all of our cardboard boxes and cute little presents around it and basically it was the most ghetto thing but it made us all so happy. And the tree smells so dang good! 

So Christmas Eve we watched the nativity, bonded with our district, and watched testaments of Christ, then the hermanas went back to our room and we decided we wanted to put all our mattresses on the floor and sleep together. So we made one huge bed! We all opened a present and we got matching pj's (thanks Ma, pics to come) then we just stayed up eating chips and queso and anything else we could find In our snack pantry. I didn't really sleep because 
  1. I was sleeping in the middle of two twin beds and I kept falling through the crack.
  2. It was Christmas! And I swear I may be 5 years old because I still get so excited.
  3. I couldn't help but think of how grateful I am for the birth of our savior Jesus Christ, I couldn't help but think oh how he is the gift. I realized that I may not be with my family, I may be with girls who were strangers to me 3 weeks ago and now they are my family, and I realized that I will never forget this Christmas because I have made new traditions and realized that Christmas is about giving and not receiving.  And there is nothing of greater worth than for me to wear my saviors name on my heart this year. 
So after everyone else got up and ready for the day we went to breakfast and then we had a few hours to hang out in class with our district. 

I went to choir at 9 and we had devotional at 10:30!

So David A Bednar came and talked to us and his wife and one of his sons. Super cool! So then after that we had what they call here a special Christmas meal, really no different than an ordinary meal here from the mtc cafeteria. Ham that doesn't taste super great and potatoes that taste like cement. Hahahaha and for dinner a peanut butter jelly sandwich. And the food here has made me so grateful for my moms cooking and I really miss it! Later we watched a Christmas carol and then we got to call our familias! I will spare you all the detail except it was so good to hear my families voices! The first minute was so hard to talk to them, and so was the last! It was like a prison phone call, timed and everything *you now have 2 minutes remaining, please end your conversation" hahaha it gave us all a good laugh. I was so grateful I got to talk to them! 

We ate our dinner after that and then we had one more devo to go to, so another apostle was supposed to talk and couldn't make it or something like that..... So they got the next best thing. DAVID ARCHULETA. So ya no complaints. Anyways he came and performed a bunch of Christmas songs and it was so fun and dang he is a GREAT singer. 

Sunday we had church, And temple walk like usual.... But this week I was walking when out of no where my awesome aunt Kristol and cousins Ashlie, savannah, and Jocelyn jumped out of the mini van! They'd been waiting for me to walk by! It made my day!! I loved seeing them, and I got to record aunt kristols laugh so I can listen to it all the time now! (She has the best laugh) 

Monday morning our older district left, it was a little sad cause we have all gotten so close to them, plus they were all super funny and kept every one laughing here. We get a new district tomorrow so that's exciting! 

Anyways that pretty much sums up my week. It was realllll good. Ok ya anyways hasta la vista till next week mi amigos.  

Con mucho amor,
Hermana pkrafty






No comments:

Post a Comment