We got our flight plans though and it's so exciting! We leave Monday morning and have about a 5 hour flight to Atlanta, then we have a 13 hour flight to Argentina and a 6 hour bus ride to where I will be staying. Que divertido. I just can't wait.
Last Friday was a rough day for me here, I woke up with a fever and had the 24hour flu or something just like it, I was laid up in bed all day and it was pretty sucky. I felt so helpless and like I accomplished nothing. Saturday I was back on my feet though, still fighting off a little bit of a cold, but I feel much better. Saturday was our last day with our teachers we have had since the beginning because they are getting moved to a new district, so that was a bummer. Saturday was also New Years and we celebrated by being in bed at 10:30 oh ya and our water in the residence was shut off for about 12 hours because the sewage is overflowing out of the drinking fountain so ya gross. #mtcprovogoals #poopfountain2016 #thoughtitwasgatoradeatfirst so ya then a few days later the rest of the stuff started coming out and it really stunk up the floor we are on. Also they can't seem to fix it so now there's a trash bag over it with a bucket collecting it. Hahaha only a few more days of this. Yay.
Sunday we decided as a zone we were going to have an English fast. So yes we gave up English for the day and spoke Spanish. Again que divertido. It's so weird to think I can go a whole day without speaking English, but soon enough it will be like that every day in Argentina. I'm so excited! Spanish is so fun once you get the hang of it.... It's definitely a work in progress. My favorite phrases in Spanish are probably,
Por supuesto (of course)
Qué divertido (what fun)
La lucha es real (the struggle is real)
Whoomp aquí está (whoomp there it is)
The last one I pretty much translated on my own and I'm sure grammatically it is incorrect but it always makes the class laugh when I try and say stuff like that.
So Sunday were at devotional right, and I'm sitting next to this kid I've never talked to... Well he just insists that he talk to me the whole time.... Well then after devo is almost over he turned to me and said "it might be inappropriate to ask for you email, but I will just give you mine instead" so me being the awkward person I am said "wait huh" as he proceeded to hand me a slip of paper with his email. Haha so long story, short. If anyone asks for your first name here it pretty much means they're asking for your number. So I gave him my first name without realizing and well look who emailed me this week. Pretty smooth I do have to say.... But Also extremely uncomfortable and I have realized I am extremely awkward. (Lesson 1.1 how to flirt at the MTC- by Priscilla Kraft. Stay tuned for next weeks update on how my life just gets more and more awkward by the minute.)
Also this week I finished the Book of Mormon! Yayyyy! Reading it as a missionary was so cool and made it so special to me. If you haven't read the Book of Mormon I challenge you to do that! It is the best book out there. No lie. Well I only have a few more days till Argentina and I cannot wait! I'm so excited! Well I'm out of time but remember the church is true, the book is blue, and God loves all of you! The next time I write to you I will be in Argentina! Hasta la vista America! Love you all!
Hermana Kraft
No comments:
Post a Comment