February 9, 2016

2 Months!!!

Ay que paso! 2 months on the mish already! Where does the time go? Seriously time is flying.... and I still dont know spanish. Haha but hey thats not important, its not like I live in Argentina and everyone else speaks Spanish. 
 
This week was so good! I am constantly progressing with the Spanish I think... haha I do live with a latino who speaks no english so it makes good practice. 
 
This week President challenged me to talk with 10 people in the streets every day, so that's exactly what I have been doing. I also got the door slammed on my face this week. And oh ya I was talking to a family and gave them a pass a long card, and the wife came out of the house took the card out of her husbands hand it put it right back in my hand and rejected me. Its moments like that where I am just like WHAT!! Why don't you want happiness!!! I'm just here offering my service trying to love you but hey its ok. I just shake it right off. We did lots of service this week and it was way good and fun.
 
We also had cambios and I got to spend the day with Hermana Sanders! And yes I got to speak in English for a minute or two. Hermana Castaño took us for ice cream after we worked our bums off. 
 
Then Saturday was Hermana Castaños Birthday! Awww how i love that woman! She is great. I learned how to make empenadas so basically I found my dream job. Gahhh I am in love with empenadas. We ate cake and ice cream and had a mini fiesta! 
 
Right now its Carnival, so ya nothing is open and no one is in the streets (also cause its pouring rain) But anyways I love this place! 
 
This week I decided to focus on Charity. Charity is the pure love of Christ, I also learned it suffereth long. That is for sure. Something I have come to realize is that you cannot simply develop charity over night. Its a process. I challenge all of you to pray to have charity for others this week and serve someone, even if its in the smallest simplest act. I love you all and will talk to you soon! Hasta La Vista!
 
Con Amor,
Hermana Kraft :)
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment