February 26, 2016

Hola! 2 Transfer

Hola mis amigos!
 
Como estan?
 
Long time no talk! Things have been crazy busy here! But things are so good! First off we had transfers and I am still in San Nicolas which is good because I love it here! I have a new companion, her name is Hermana Carter! She has 16 months on the mission so this will be her last transfer. She is from California and is helping me out a ton with the Spanish! So that's a blessing! 

This last week was filled with lots of activities! I went and cut some hair and the casa de familia gonzales! Cut my companions hair too, and Hermana Lopez! Went to the dentist with Hermana Sanders and that was interesting! Made cookies and celebrated Hermana Sanders birthday. Gahh she is the best! She is just a ray of sunshine let me tell ya! We have had lots of lessons this week and contacted lots of people on the streets! One of my favorite lessons is the restoration of the church. 
 
Right now we have a ton of menos activos and so we have started to reteach the fundamentals of the gospel. We have been inviting them to pray and ask if the book of Mormon is true, and to read it to know for themselves if God really called Joseph Smith to be a prophet. Well I started thinking after one lesson this week, when was the last time I prayed and asked God if these things were true for myself? I cant teach people these things and ask them to these things if I'm not doing them as well. 
 
Anyways later that night I prayed and asked sincerely, I received an answer that almost brought me to tears. I testify of the truth of this gospel. I know for a fact Joseph Smith was a prophet of God, and I truly love this gospel with all my heart. I want to invite you all to ask for yourselves this week. If you ever have a single doubt in your heart about this ask your heavenly father. I promise as you do you will recieve an answer. (small spiritual thought) a scripture that I found this week that came in handy when I prayed is found in 2 nephi 33:3 and it says... For I pray continually for them by day and mine eyes water my pillow by night, because of them; and I cry unto my God in faith, and I know that he will hear my cry. 

In these moments that are difficult for me, when I don't understand Spanish, or I am tired of walking all the day long, when people reject me, when I offer to serve and people don't accept.... I find comfort in prayer. I can honestly say I pray so much for these people and I love them with all my heart! Argentina has already stolen my heart! Anyways I hope all is well with all of you and I hope you have a great week! I will talk to you soon! Thanks for all the support! I love you all!


 Hair cutting
 mi companera

 Elder Nielson, mi amigo de Ceder City

mi distrito

Hermana Sanders and I having a photo shoot with lipstick haha
 

No comments:

Post a Comment